China Summer Camp 2017
Get ready for the most awesome summer adventure of your life!
We at the Confucius Institute at the Ateneo de Manila University are all about spreading knowledge and understanding of Chinese Language and Culture to everyone. And we know that young people have the amazing capacity to learn, appreciate new experiences, and build strong connections with other people. That is why since 2012, we have been giving deserving high school and college students amazing opportunities to visit and study in China through the annual China Summer Camp.
We are looking for 20 excellent Filipino high school and college students aged 14 to 22 years old with elementary knowledge of Mandarin to join us on this amazing two-week trip in Beijing and Guangzhou. These students will journey through these cities visiting historical sites and learning Chinese language and culture! Accommodations, tuition fees, food, and tour fees are all for free!
Spend three days in Beijing visiting wonderful historical sites such as the Great Wall of China, the Forbidden City and the Summer Palace!
Then fly to Guangzhou and stay at the prestigious Sun Yat-sen University for two weeks, studying Chinese Language and Culture. We’ll include a city heritage tour too!
If you want to join us, apply now!
Take a look at past Summer Camps:
Hanban/Confucius Institute Headquarters pays for your:
- Hotel accommodations in Beijing and dormitory accommodations in Guangzhou (two persons per room)
- Beijing tour and land transportation fees
- Airfare from Beijing to Guangzhou
- Tour meals and school meal allowance ( prepaid school cafeteria meal card)
- Tuition fees
You pay for your:
- Roundtrip airfare (Manila to Beijing, Guangzhou to Manila -- approx Php 20 to 25K)
- Chinese visa processing fee (single entry Php 1,400)
- airport fees
- Chinese Proficiency Test fee
- Travel insurance
- Pocket money
Submit the following requirements on or before May 21, 2018, 5:00pm
- Philippine passport (must be valid at least six months starting July 2018. We will not wait for passports pending for renewal)validPhotocopy of Photocopy of Philippine passport emergency contact page (we will not accept blank pages)
- Photocopy of report card from the last grading period
- Photocopy of valid school ID
- Original Certificate of Enrollment
- 4 copies China-visa sized photos (white background, taken in the last 30 days)
- Php 20,000 reservation fee (Amount will be refunded to unsuccessful, applicants. For successful applicants, the amount will be added to their airfare payment)
Submit the following to Mr. Cris Garcia to either of these offices:
6/F Ateneo Professional Schools 130 H.V. Dela Costa St Salcedo Village, Makati City
Room 206 2/F Manila Observatory Ateneo de Manila University Katipunan Ave., Loyola Heights Quezon City
Attend your scheduled interview.
You will be contacted individually for the schedule of your interview. Interview can be held in person or through Google Hangouts.
Wait for the results!
Successful applicants will be notified by e-mail and SMS. Applicants must confirm their slots and attend the orientation, which will be scheduled at a later date.