China Summer Camp 2017
Get ready for the most awesome summer adventure of your life!
We at the Confucius Institute at the Ateneo de Manila University are all about spreading knowledge and understanding of Chinese Language and Culture to everyone. And we know that young people have the amazing capacity to learn and appreciate new experiences and build strong connections with other people. That is why since 2012, we have been giving deserving high school and college students amazing opportunities to visit and study in China through the annual China Summer Camp.
We are looking for 20 excellent Filipino high school and college students aged 14 to 21 years old to join us on this amazing two-week trip in Beijing and Guangzhou visiting historical sites and learning Chinese language and culture — for free!*
Spend three days in Beijing visiting wonderful historical sites such as the Great Wall of China, the Forbidden City and the Summer Palace!
Then fly to Guangzhou and stay at the prestigious Sun Yat-sen University for two weeks, studying Chinese Language and Culture. We’ll include a city heritage tour too!
And did we mention that all these are for free*?
If you want to join us, apply now!
Take a look at past Summer Camps:
Summer Camp award includes hotel accommodations in Beijing and Guangzhou, Beijing tour and land transportation fees, tour meals, tuition fees, and prepaid school meal card.
* excludes roundtrip airfare, Chinese visa processing fee, airport fees, travel insurance and pocket money
Registration is now closed. Thank you!
Submit the following requirements on or before May 20, 2016, 5:00pm
- Photocopy of valid Philippine passport (must be valid at least six months starting July 2017)
- Photocopy of report card from the last grading period
- Photocopy of valid school ID
- Original Certificate of Enrollment
- 4 copies passport size photos (white background, taken in the last 30 days)
- Php 5,000 reservation fee (Amount will be refunded to unsuccessful, applicants. For successful applicants, the amount will be added to their airfare payment)
Submit the following to either of these offices:
6/F Ateneo Professional Schools 130 H.V. Dela Costa St Salcedo Village, Makati City Tel: 8944513; 8944663
Room 200 2/F Ricardo and Dr. Rosita Leong Hall Ateneo de Manila UniversityKatipunan Ave., Loyola Heights Quezon City
3) Attend your scheduled interview.
You will be contacted individually for the schedule of your interview.
4) Wait for the results!
Successful applicants will be notified by e-mail and SMS. Applicants must confirm their slots and attend the orientation, which will be scheduled at a later date.